Sunday, March 25, 2012

#5. A Doodle A Day - Day 6 Imaging Characters

Today (actually yesterday) I doodled about my characters in my new story project. :)
The story is about eight people finding out that their souls were exchanged all of a sudden. 

I made quick preliminary sketches of one out of four couples.
Jeong-Mu Kang (17), a delinquent high school student, got his souls suddenly exchanged with a naive, timid, and incompetent school principal, Han-Mo Na (41). 
They had tons of conflicts and creates a proper mess while adjusting to each other's lifestyle that is completely different from what each had. But they gradually get to understand each other better and eventually create a special friendship. :)


Bit it was kinda difficult to conceive their image...
Below: My initial sketch of Jeong-Mu was disastrous, or, just plailnly not what had in mind.
I mean he looks like an elementary school kid playing pranks on his female classmates, not a delinquent high school student who tries to look like a macho. :(  


My second sketch was a bit closer to what I had in mind, but STILL FAR FROM IT.

I imaged Hanmo (the principal) to look and wear as if he is several years older than he really is (42)...

Well, I definitely need to make more sketches and think more about how to shape their characters. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment