Monday, March 19, 2012

#5. A Doodle A Day - Day 1 Girl in Blue + Soo-Oh

My project for the next seven days is a doodle a day.

So, here is today's doodle: :)
It's from yesterday's diary. I've been making notes like this for some weeks everyday--I scribble date, weather, a thing or two, and leave a lip mark (leaving a fingerprint would be another fun way to remember everyday, but I guess more bothersome.... well, maybe I'll try it another day :)) 

The girl in the blue is me, by the way X)

 





Oh, I made another doodle in the library today.

 

This is Soo-Oh Jang (장수오, 18), a character for my new story (http://blog.naver.com/haejinsung).
I wanted a character who looks sanguine and cool in the outside but really twisted and rotten (?) in the inside.... Well, that is the basic concept. :)

 
(zoom-in)



Working progress:
It took a relatively little time to formulate his image.

Initially he had a short hair... I usually like characters with short hair or styling.



Then I thought of giving him a long hair (so that I can have another character cut it... swish!!)

 


Then I gave him this fuzzy (?), puppy-like hair, and defined his features..
I think I like the way he looks for now. Oh I'd like to cuddle his hair ;P



And filled in his pupils. :P Before this he had white eyes ㅇ_ㅇ

 


I can't wait to further develop his character.
I'm trying not to make him too much like a stereotypical manga-protagonist...




No comments:

Post a Comment